Who is Cavern Games
What is the legal basis for collecting personal data?
The law sets out a number of different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal data, such as:
- Consent: In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent, for example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters. When collecting your personal data, we'll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service that we provide.
- Contractual Oblications: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us, we will collect and store your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our payment provider and our delivery provider.
- Legal Compliance: We may, if required to by law, collect and process our data to fulfil our legal oblications, for example, we can pass on the details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Cavern Games to law enforcement.
- Legitimate Interest: In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business, such as providing personalised offers based on your purchase history. We also monitor the shopping habits of all of our customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or develop new products/services.
When is personal data collected?
- When you visit our website and purchase any products.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints or comments.
- When you engage with us on social media.
What kinds of personal data do we collect?
- Name and address information for the purposes of fulfilling your order.
- Any correspondence with us via any means.
- Records of the products you have ordered from us.
- Details of your visits to our website, and which site you came to us from.
How do we use your personal data?
- To process any orders that you make using our website. If we don't collect your personal data during checkout, we won't be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product you have ordererd, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, etc.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information that you have sent enables us to respond to your query. We may also keep a record of any correspondence as evidence of fulfilling our legal obligations.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account, for example, by checking your password when you login.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
How do we protect your personal data?
We secure access to all of our website using SSL secure browsing technology. This provides the secure padlock in the browser address bar and assures you that any personal data that is transmitted to our servers is kept fully encrypted.
Access to your personal data is password protected and held by our secure payment provider, and we do not store any payment card information ourselves.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process our personal data, we'll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of the retention period, your data will be either completely removed or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties, for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations.
For example, we will share your name and address with our payment processor PayPal, for the purposes of processing payment for your order. We will also share your address details with Royal Mail and/or other courier services for the purposes of delivering any orders that you make.
As part of our contractual obligations to you, we may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes of fulfilling your order.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to a copy of all of the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- Correction of any incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date personal data.
- Withdrawal of consent to use your personal data, where you have previously given consent.
- Removal of personal data we hold about you, where we store and process it based on legitimate interest.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact Data Protection Officer, Cavern Games, 81 Church Street, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5LD, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, if you excercise any of the above rights we will ask you to verify your identity before we comply with your request.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.